Every bride wants to look gorgeous and have a glowing skin on her wedding day. This obviously will reflect in your wedding images. And if you are wondering, whats the best way to prepare yourself for the big day, here are some pointers from Rashmi. Rashmi is my business partner and life partner, and runs her own successful RJ Make-up studio. She provides make-up and hair-styling services for brides and models and for anyone who wants to look gorgeous and confident. You can visit her FB page here.
1. Drink loads of water: Water helps to flush out all your body toxins. It helps carry oxygen and nutrients to all your cells and improves circulation. Our body comprises approximately 70% of water so it is important to keep it hydrated all the time. It is important that you drink 6-8 glasses of water everyday to keep yourself hydrated to maintain that healthy glow of the skin. Few other things that water helps in are lubrication and cushioning of joints and protection of your spinal cord and other sensitive tissues.
2. Eat Loads of vegetables and fruits as these are packed with vitamins and minerals as well as antioxidants, which help to eliminate harmful free radicals called oxidants. Many fruits and vegetables are packed with fiber, which is also good for your digestive system.
3. Avoid cold drinks or cold water while having meals as it slows down the digestion process and does not allow your body to absorb proper amount of energy & nutrition from the food you consume.
4. Avoid smoking as your skin suffers a lot due to this. Smoking hampers blood supply that keeps skin tissue looking supple and healthy.
5. Do some form of exercise or go for a brisk walk every morning and get some fresh air in the process. This not only keeps you active throughout the day but also reflects on your skin health.
6. CTM is must, twice daily for healthy glowing skin. Cleansing helps to takes out all the dirt, Toning closes all the open pores and Moisturising helps hydrate your skin.
7. Never ever forget to put on a sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. This saves your skin from damage and tanning.
8. Exfoliate just once a week and be very gentle while rubbing it on your skin. This removes all your dead skin which helps in better absorption of the various creams you apply.
9. Sleep well as it reduces stress and helps the body make repairs. Proper sleep also keeps dark circles away.
10. Last but not the least before going to bed, don’t forget to take out all make-up with the help of a make-up remover and then apply a night cream on the face. This will save you from pimples and the cream will help your skin rejuvenate.